There are a lot of great reasons for sending your child to a boarding school. Considering this kind of private school can make anyone’s decision a little more complicated. That is why it is crucial to understand the benefits of sending one’s child or children to a boarding school.
Top reasons for going to a Boarding or Independent School in Brisbane, Queensland:
- The teachers are wonderful. The majority, if not all, boarding schools hire teachers that have degrees in the subjects that they are teaching. These teachers have a huge passion to see their students succeed in their classroom and will stop at nothing.
- The opportunity to play sports. As a general rule, most boarding schools have a great sports facility and opportunity. They also typically have a wide range of sports that your student can choose from.
- Along with sports they also have great arts programs. Any form of artistic expression and opportunity is usually available at boarding schools. You will find wonderful art teachers who are willing to work with students who want to hone in on their abilities.
- Your student also gets to live away from home. It never gets easy to live home, but what better way to get ready for college than to spend your high school years away from home. Of course, your student will be under excellent supervision by teachers and mentors that want the best for them.
- The academic work is challenging. The goal of a boarding school is to get you into a great college. This means that they assign their academic work according to college regulations. The school wants to make sure that you are as prepared as possible for the rigorous college courses that you may face in the future.
- Your students’ classmates will have the same end goal. No kid is going to go to boarding school unless they plan on going to university and take their education seriously. Your student will be surrounded by those that take their studies seriously and want to be successful.
- You will have a well-stocked library on the property. Many schools do not have the funds or ability to have a well-maintained and equipped library. This is not the case for boarding schools. You will have every resource needed and imaginable at your fingertips.
- Your student will learn to be responsible. Sending your child to a boarding school will be a growing experience for you both. These kinds of schools expect their students to take responsibility for their actions and academic life. This is a great way to get students prepared for college and life.
- The classes are small. Typically, in boarding schools, there are only 10-15 students in each class. This means that each student does not get forgotten. The smaller classes allow the teachers to work with each person where they are at and make sure that they are being successful in their subject.
- Being smart is normal and expected. At boarding schools, each student is there to learn and be the smartest that they can be. This limits the chances or likelihood of students being bullied for being smart and focused on their academic studies.
The Many Benefits
As you can see, there are so many different benefits to sending your child to boarding school. They are sure to get a focused education while also growing in the use of everyday life skills. Boarding school is certainly worth considering and looking into.